Greg’s Pad Thai Recipe
- Prep rice noodles first, cooking as per package directions (or like pasta.)
- Mix 2tsp of sugar, 4tbsp of fish sauce (or soy sauce), and 4tbsps of oyster sauce (or mushroom sauce).
- Sauté 2tbsp of chopped garlic in 6tbsps oil.
- Add chopped chicken (or shrimp or tofu) and stir until cooked, then add two eggs, and stir until cooked. Add rice noodles and sauce and stir. Add bean sprouts (or cabbage or broccoli slaw).
- Top with chopped green onion, lime, ground peanuts (optional) and ground chillies or red pepper or hot sauce of some sort (optional.)
Extremely delicious! And gluten-free as long as you use GF soy sauce and GF oyster sauce. This recipe uses the full package of rice noodles, which is enough for plenty of leftovers.
It has been absurdly hot, so hot that I woke up yesterday morning and turned the air-conditioning on immediately after a thoroughly restless night. And humid, too. It feels like living in the tropics, which I ought to love — and sort of do — but living in a metal box in 90 degree weather is nearly as much fun as living in a metal box in 70 degree weather. But I decided to set my departure date by the weather report. Like Mary Poppins, when the wind changes…
Many thanks for this recipe — it’s right up my alley. I have to ask if you know what the sodium content is as I really need to limit my salt. Otherwise, it sounds scrumptious and yes to leftovers!! LOL As for the weather, we’re still cool here but will be warming up next week just before we’re supposed to get some rain so it’ll be nice and muggy–UGH!
The sodium content would depend on the soy sauce or fish sauce and oyster sauce — you can buy low-sodium soy sauce, and maybe low sodium oyster sauce, too? But you’d have to check the labels; they’re the obvious culprits for salt. As for the weather, it cooled off a little here today — YAY! — but it’s going back up again next week. I’ll be on the road again soon!
I have low sodium soy sauce and will check at the store for the others! I’ll have to share a recipe I pulled from the newspaper for a tasty shrimp dish. You might like it! Will share it on my blog… hugs and thanks!
Pingback: View From My Window | tehachap