Greg’s Pad Thai Recipe
- Prep rice noodles first, cooking as per package directions (or like pasta.)
- Mix 2tsp of sugar, 4tbsp of fish sauce (or soy sauce), and 4tbsps of oyster sauce (or mushroom sauce).
- Sauté 2tbsp of chopped garlic in 6tbsps oil.
- Add chopped chicken (or shrimp or tofu) and stir until cooked, then add two eggs, and stir until cooked. Add rice noodles and sauce and stir. Add bean sprouts (or cabbage or broccoli slaw).
- Top with chopped green onion, lime, ground peanuts (optional) and ground chillies or red pepper or hot sauce of some sort (optional.)
Extremely delicious! And gluten-free as long as you use GF soy sauce and GF oyster sauce. This recipe uses the full package of rice noodles, which is enough for plenty of leftovers.
It has been absurdly hot, so hot that I woke up yesterday morning and turned the air-conditioning on immediately after a thoroughly restless night. And humid, too. It feels like living in the tropics, which I ought to love — and sort of do — but living in a metal box in 90 degree weather is nearly as much fun as living in a metal box in 70 degree weather. But I decided to set my departure date by the weather report. Like Mary Poppins, when the wind changes…