So, I finished the first draft of A Lonely Magic last night. 49 days since I started. Whee!
Conventional writer wisdom says to put the draft away for a month or so to give yourself time to get a fresh perspective. I’m hoping to last a week. I’m already itching to dig into the revisions. There are things that I know need fixing, parts that I want to expand upon, threads that slipped away–and I haven’t even read the complete manuscript yet. But I’m going to try to give it a week.
So one of the things that I’ve been wanting to do is write a short story or a missing scene to give away to mailing list subscribers. I think that’d be a worthy way to spend a week. I know it should be set in Tassamara but I have more ideas than I know what to do with, so I thought I’d throw some options out there:
1) Dillon helping out Sylvie and Lucas.
2) Maggie’s arrival in Tassamara.
3) A wedding scene, possibly when Akira throws up on the minister at the reception.
4) A wedding scene, possibly Mitchell and Michael blaming one another for losing the ring at Natalya’s wedding.
5) The boys’ discovery that a ghost is haunting their movie theater.
Is there a character that you want to learn more about or see again? Share here or on Facebook!